Community

Visionary Honours 2020 shortlist announcement
The second annual Visionary Honours celebrating inspirational culture, media and entertainment takes place on Wednesday...
continue reading
National Youth Theatre awarded £2m from Mayor of London grant
||
The National Youth Theatre (NYT) has been awarded £2,000,000 from the Mayor of London’s Good...
continue reading
Modupe Salu on queer female friendship and The Girl with Glitter in her Eye at The Bunker
Hi Modupe. Where are you now? Hi! I am on my bed, I have to...
continue reading
Athena Stevens on disabled rights in new show Scrounger and putting language to trauma
Olivier award-nominated writer and performer Athena Stevens has written Scrounger, a no-holds-barred look at Britain’s...
continue reading
Climate Change: Plays, books, films and music tackling the environmental crisis
||, , , , , ,
According to a recent report by environment in the arts charity Julie’s Bicycle (juliesbicycle.com), Over...
continue reading
Eight things to do at the Together! 2019 Disability History Month Festival
||, ,
Together! Festival's Artistic Director Dr Ju Gosling Everyone is welcome at the Together! 2019 Disability...
continue reading
Fun Palaces: Dance, talk or be lifted up
Stella Duffy: ‘Here’s why we need to stop ’empowering’ people’
Stella Duffy is the co-director of Fun Palaces which works with local communities to create...
continue reading
Bernie Dieter is the star of The Little Death Club, currently at Underbelly Southbank
How to… become a world-famous cabaret star by Bernie Dieter
||, ,
I was born in Köln, Germany and I have always had a fascination with Kabarett...
continue reading
Sherine Chalhie: ‘I aim to explore stories about people from all backgrounds and cultures’
My first show Hijabi Matters is a dramatic comedy that explores identity, culture, family pressure,...
continue reading
Lucy Jane Parkinson - courtesy of Max Zadeh
Drag King Lucy Jane Parkinson / LoUis CYfer on starring in Jon Brittain’s Rotterdam: ‘We have removed the shackles from defining what is an entertaining narrative’
Lucy Jane Parkinson, aka LoUis CYfer is a British actor and drag king, who encourages conversations about...
continue reading